Monday, May 30, 2011

PASTA WITH TOMATO AND CREAM SAUCE

(English text is below. Türkçe tarif için buraya tiklayin)

Ok, this one might be no surprise to anyone, but it always works! I haven’t met a single person who doesn’t like pasta! 

This particular recipe is not something too difficult to make. It is quite basic and yet successful. However, I have to admit that I’ve never cooked pasta with cream sauce before. In my kitchen, pasta is either made with tomato sauce or with minced meat. The reason why I have never made pasta with cream is that cream is something I almost never buy in the first place. Yes, too fat. And tastes too good. We are addicted to good taste and I don’t want cream to become our guilty pleasure. The friendship should remain on a “hello, hello” basis and that’s all. 

Aaah, and having said that and having eaten a big plate of pasta tonight, I feel kind of guilty. I started to do sports regularly and somehow I feel guilty now. Ah well.

Ingredients (Serves 2-4)

250 grams of Bavette

I use Barilla Bavette











200 grams of cream
1 big tomato (or 2 medium ones), pureed
1 small onion, diced
2 teeth of garlic, minced
1 table spoon of grounded sweet red pepper


cream, tomato, onion, garlic and sweet red pepper
tomato pureed
3 spoons of olive oil
Purple basil to your liking

Method:
  1. Cook pasta according to the instructions on the package.  
  2. Sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil for maximum two minutes.
  3. Pour in the tomato paste. Cook for 10 minutes over medium heat.
  4. Turn off the heat. Add the cream into the sauce and stir.  Stir in the purple basil and the grounded sweet red pepper.
  5. Stir in the pasta.

step 1
step 3













step 4
yummy ending!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment